Schleich 14747 Figurine Cheetah Cub Toy
Baby cheetahs are very helpless and only open their eyes after two weeks. When their mother is out hunting, they are completely defenceless against hungry lions and hyenas. The best possible camouflage is the only chance they have. A long, silver mane helps them here. It stands up like a mohican hairstyle and looks like long blades of grass from afar. Baby cheetahs learn to hunt for themselves when they are around six months old. After one or two years, the little ones are out of the woods and can fend for themselves.
- Scientific name: Acinonyx jubatus
- Global home: Africa
- Conservation status: Vulnerable
- Primary habitat: Hot Desert, Temperate Desert, Temperate Grassland
- Hand-painted with detailed modelling and attention to detail
- Allows children to learn as they play.
- During their first months, baby cheetahs have a long, fluffy mane on the head and neck.