Drylok® 23813 Epoxy E-1 1-Part Semi-Gloss Floor Paint, Platinum, 1 Gal
DRYLOK E1 1-Part Epoxy Floor Paint utilizes an Advanced Epoxy Ester Resin for greater protection and durability. E1 is resistant to hot tire marks and pickup, chemicals, oil, grease and gasoline stains. It provides an easy to clean showroom-quality finish. E1 is as easy as applying ordinary house paint and has no strong odors or complicated mixing instructions. Cleans up with water and is storable.
- Size: 1 Gallon
- Color: Platinum
- New low VOC 50 G/L formula utilizes advanced epoxy technology for greater protection & excellent durability
- Independently tested & extreme water resistance
- Color retention
- Durability & chemical resistance
- Resistant to hot tire pickup, chemicals, oil, grease & gasoline stains
- Specially formulated to protect & beautify with durable finish interior & exterior concrete floors, garage floors, basement floors, walkways, & patios
- Easy to maintain & semi-gloss finish
- UV resistant
- Cleans up with water & is storable.
- Remove dirt, oil and grease stains with DRYLOK® Cleaner & Degreaser or other suitable concrete cleaner.
- Concrete is either broom finished or smooth troweled. A clean, broom finished surface is ready to paint. Smooth troweled, extremely smooth concrete will need to be etched or abraded for proper E1 Floor Paint adhesion. There are two methods to prepare smooth troweled concrete - Acid Etching or Mechanical Profiling. Acid Etching dissolves certain minerals in the top layer of concrete creating a more porous surface for improved adhesion. Use DRYLOK® Liquid Etch and treat the surface until it has the texture of medium grit sand paper. Mechanical Profiling utilizes a concrete sander or abrader to roughen up the concrete profile to the proper texture. To test surface porosity once etched or abraded, sprinkle a few drops of water onto the concrete. If the water beads or doesn’t penetrate additional prep is needed.
- Rinse thoroughly. All residual acid must be removed from the surface and allowed to dry thoroughly
Note: If using a power washer to clean the surface, once dry, check for trapped moisture as explained on the label to make certain residual moisture is not trapped in the concrete and the surface is thoroughly dry.
- Air and surface temperatures must be between 50°- 90°F during application and drying. Apply two coats of DRYLOK E-1 Epoxy Floor Paint using a 3/8" nap roller or a nylon/polyester brush. Allow the first coat to dry for about 4 hours before applying the second coat.
Note: Painted surfaces may become sl ippery when wet. If a slip resistant s urface is desired add 2 - 4 oz. of DRYLOK Non-Skid Texture Additive per gallon to DRYLOK E1 1-Part Epoxy Floor Paint.
- Depending on surface porosity, one gallon will cover up to 300-400 square feet.
- DRYLOK E1 may be subject to light usage after 4 hours, heavy usage after 24 hours. Wait 5 days before subjecting to automobile traffic.