Simpson Strong-Tie LRU28Z Joist Rafter Hanger, 2" x 8", 1-Qty
The LRUZ offers an economic alternative for those applications requiring a sloped hanger for rafter-to-ridge connections. Used with solid-sawn rafters, the LRUZ’s unique design enables the hanger to be installed either before or after the rafter is in place. The field-adjustable seat helps improve job efficiency by eliminating mismatched angles in the field and lead times associated with special orders. The LRUZ offers comparable or better load capacity to other rafter hangers at a reduced cost while using fewer fasteners.
- 2" x 8"
- 18 gauge
- Economic alternative for those applications requiring a slopeable hanger for rafter to ridge connections
- Open design and ability to field adjust the slopeable makes for both retrofit or new applications
- Z-maz galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated wood applications
- Install with 10D or 16D common nails or #10 x 1-1/2" or #10 x 2-1/2" strong drive sd screws
- Package Qty: 1.
- The open design and ability to field-adjust the slope makes the LRUZ ideal for both retrofit or new applications
- Accommodates roof pitches from 0:12 to 14:12
- Slopes up or down to 45° (12:12). For slopes greater than 45° up to 49° (14:12), allowable loads are 0.85 of table loads
- For added versatility the fasteners are placed higher on the hanger allowing the bottom of the rafter to hang below the ridge beam (see "Max. C1" dimension in table)
- Can be installed using nails or Strong-Drive SD Connector screws.