Safer 3050-6 Ringer Compost Plus Compost Maker, 2 Lb
Safer Brand Ringer Compost Plus Compost Maker will boost the compost making process. Each 2 lb bag of pellets contains nutrients and microbial elements to help fuel the development of rich, moist humus from a variety of elements, including lawn clippings, twigs and brown leaves. The end result is a fertilizer and mulch to enhance your garden.
- Size: 2 Lb
- Formulated pellets used to compost various materials
- Reduces waste into rich, moist humus in 60 to 90 days
- Microbes & nutrients blend to kickstart compost process
- Use with lawn clippings, brown leaves, wood chips, pine cones and twigs
- 2 lb bag converts up to 750 lb of yard debris into compost.
- Presentation: Pellets
- Active Ingredients: Plant nutrients plus a targeted microbial blend
For Use With:
- Lawn clippings
- Leaves (brown)
- Pine cones
- Wood chips
- Other plant matter
- Select a shady spot with good drainage. Place a thin layer of bulky material, such as twigs or wood chips, on the bottom to reduce packing and to aerate the bottom layer. Start your compost pile with a layer of yard waste (shredded brown leaves, grass clippings, chipped wood trimmings etc.) 4 to 6 inches deep.
- Sprinkle Compost Plus liberally over top of pile. Use about one cup for a 3 foot by 4 foot by 4 inch layer.
- Water to moisten. (Water until pile has the dampness of a squeezed out sponge)
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 with each additional layer.
- Every 7 to 10 days, aerate pile with an aeration tool or turn with forked tool or spade.
- Grass clippings will compost the fastest, leaves are slower and twigs, wood chips etc. will take the longest.
- Compost will be ready in 60 - 90 days
- Do not use paper, meat, fat or bones
- For best results, use a combination of fine and coarse materials
- Do not pack materials too tightly
- Do not create too large a pile
- See full instructions if pile is too dry, too wet, frozen or not actively composting.