Loctite® 1618522 PL® S10 Polyurethane Crack & Masonry Sealant, 10 Oz,
Loctite® PL® S10 Polyurethane Concrete Crack & Masonry Sealant is a premium quality, commercial grade sealant developed especially for forming permanent, water and weatherproof seals in all exterior gaps and joints. This sealant is elastic and remains flexible to expand and contract with construction material movement to protect and retain the original seal.
- 10 Oz
- Color When Dry: Gray
- Flexible bonds
- Use on expansion joints
- Withstands harsh environments
- Does not deteriorate
- One-time application
- Blends with surroundings
- Low-VOC formula
- Complies to stringent Federal & State Regulatory Requirements.
- Repairing cracks in vertical and horizontal surfaces such as concrete walls, foundations and brick and block walls
- Bonding to concrete, brick, stucco, metal, wood, vinyl, fiberglass and many more substrates.
Not Recommended For:
- Use with fillers impregnated with oil, asphalt, tar or any other migratory saturant
- Contact with oil-based caulking compounds, butyl caulking compounds and silicone sealants (Uncured and cured)
- Underwater applications or permanent water immersion
- Joint depths greater than ½' without the use of a backer rod
- Applications requiring temperature resistance greater than 200°F (93°C).
- Wear gloves. Sealant may temporarily stain skin.
- Surfaces must be structurally sound, dry, clean, free of dirt, moisture, loose particles, oil, grease, asphalt, tar, paint, wax, rust, waterproofing, curing and painting and compound.
- Concrete, stone, stucco and other masonry must be cleaned where necessary by grinding or wire brushing to expose a sound surface free of contamination. Concrete must be fully cured.
Wood and painted wood:
- Cut back weathered and treated surfaces and dry rot until clean, sound wood is reached. Loctite® PL® S10 Concrete Crack & Masonry Sealant will adhere to most new and old dry, oil-free wood. Scrape away paint to bare wood.
- Scale, rust and coatings must be removed to expose bright metal. Protective coatings should be removed with a solvent as well as any chemical residue or film.
- Use above 40°F (4°C). In cool or cold weather, store container where temperature is about 75°F (25°C) for at least 24 hours before using. Cut nozzle at a 45° angle to desired bead size and puncture inner seal.
- While Loctite® PL® Polyurethane Concrete Crack & Masonry Sealant is generally considered a non-priming sealant, special circumstances or substrates (Copper, galvanized and stainless steel) may require a primer. It is the user’s responsibility to check the adhesion of the cured sealant on a test joint before applying to the entire project. Where incidental water immersion may occur, priming is required.
- Apply primer full strength with a brush or clean cloth. A light, uniform coating is sufficient for most surfaces. Porous surfaces, may require more primer, but do not over apply. Allow primer to dry prior to sealant application. Depending on temperature and humidity, the primer will be tack free in 15 to 30 minutes and ready for sealant. Priming and sealing must be done on the same working day.
- Apply sealant with a steady pressure, forcing into the joint. Dry tooling is recommended within 5 minutes of extrusion. Do not use soapy water as this may cause the surface to discolor. If tooling with solvent is necessary, use clean mineral spirits. Protect open containers from heat and /or direct sunlight. Do not use in joints deeper than ½' (13 mm) without the use of a backer rod. The depth of the sealant should be half the width of the joint. The maximum depth is ½' (31 mm) and the minimum is ¼' (6 mm). Sealant skins within 24 hours, is functional within 3 days and reaches full cure in about 1 week.
- Clean tools and any uncured sealant residue immediately with mineral spirits. Cured sealant may be carefully cut away with a sharp-edged tool.
- Loctite® PL® S10 Polyurethane Concrete Crack & Masonry does not require a primer for concrete, brick, stone or masonry and resists deterioration from weather, stress or movement.