Loctite® 1589199 Power Grab® Construction Adhesive Pressure Pack, 6 Oz
Loctite® Power Grab All-Purpose Clear Construction Adhesive in a pressurized applicator is a premium quality, high strength, gap-filling adhesive. This construction adhesive easily dispenses thanks to the trigger pull design, applies white, dries clear, and has high initial tack or instant grab compared to other latex construction adhesives on the market today. This extremely high tack adhesive eliminates the need for nails and screws in many DIY and repair jobs.
- 6 Oz
- Advanced latex based construction adhesive
- Dries clear
- Invisible bond line
- Easy cleanup with water (uncured adhesive)
- Eliminates the use of chemicals
- Low odor
- High grab
- Minimizes nailing requirements
- Ideal for humid areas
- Aerosol pressure pack
- Eliminates the use of a caulking gun
- Ajustable bead size
- Precise application.
- Bonding wood, plywood, pressure-treated lumber
- Ideal for bonding of wood decking to joists, fencing and siding.
- Bonding stone, brick, concrete, chip board, ceramics
- Bonding stainless steel, glass
- Bonding foam board, cork, vinyl cove base, polystyrene and polyurethane foam covings, PVC (rigid plastic), carpet
- Bonding drywall, plaster
Not Recommended For:
- Cement board (Durock™).
- Continuously wet areas or water immersion and applications exposed to hydrostatic pressure.
- Garden walls, retaining walls or landscaping projects.
- Polyethylene, polypropylene, Nylon™ or Teflon™.
- Natural marble (causes staining).
- Mirrors and metals that will corrode.
- Wash hands after use.
- The temperature of the adhesive, the surfaces and the working area must be above 50°F (10°C). One surface must be porous. Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of frost, grease, dust and other contaminants. To obtain maximum adhesion, surfaces should be flat to provide adequate contact. Painted surfaces must be well cured and free of loose paint. Sand glossy surfaces to a dull finish. Pre-fit all materials before applying adhesive. Pull red cap off of nozzle and remove the white tab. Turn nozzle 90° in a counter-clockwise direction. Press the red lever to dispense product. The bead size and speed of extrusion can be adjusted by using the button on the trigger. To close, turn the nozzle 90° in a clockwise direction and replace red cap on nozzle.
- Product applies white then dries clear. Apply a continuous bead to one of the surfaces then press material firmly into place within 15 minutes. Repositioning time is approximately 15 minutes, depending on bead size. For larger areas such as panels and drywall, apply adhesive around the perimeter 2'' (5 cm) in from the edge and vertically every 12'' (30 cm). Alternatively apply a continuous bead to all furring strips, studs and top and bottom plates. When applying materials to a vertical surface, the maximum vertical load the adhesive is safely rated for on a porous substrate is 20 lbs/ft2 (10 grams/cm2) of bond area. No bracing is usually required, however, use clamps or other means of support for materials that exceed the maximum vertical load to insure maximum contact for 24 hours or until dry. For exterior use, protect the cured adhesive from sun, rain and snow by painting it or with structural coverings that allow good air circulation.
- Clean tools and adhesive residue immediately with soapy water. Cured adhesive may be carefully cut away with a sharp-edged tool.
- The adhesive has a very low odor, and requires only soap and water to clean up. This makes it safe, easy to use and environmentally friendly.