Rust-Oleum® 260310 Wood Care Ultimate Polyurethane Spray, Gloss, 11 Oz
Give your projects maximum durability with Rust-Oleum® Wood Care Ultimate Polyurethane. This water-based formula is 33% more durable than the leading competitive product, with superior adhesion resistance and a convenient aerosol format. Rust-Oleum® Ultimate Polyurethane provides maximum protection for a long lasting durable finish. This formula is specially designed to deliver the ultimate in scratch and stain resistance as well as fast dry times in an easy to use aerosol. It features an advanced spray system that allows you to spray at any angle, even upside down for those hard to reach areas. A comfort grip trigger eliminates finger fatigue caused by continuous spraying. Ultimate Polyurethane is recommended for all interior surfaces including furniture, trim, cabinets and more.
- Size: 11 ounce
- Finish: Gloss
- Maximum durability and protection
- Fast dry times
- Convenient and easy to use
- Gives your projects maximum durability
- Water based formula is 33% more durable
- With superior adhesion resistance
- Not Recommended for: Floors or items to be used outdoors.
- To ensure proper adhesion, surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of old finishes, dust, dirt, oils or foreign matter
Unfinished Surface Preparation:
- Surfaces must be clean, dry, and free from wax, grease and dust. Prepare the wood surface by sanding in the direction of the grain. Begin with #120 grit sandpaper and progress through #150, #180, and #220 grit. Remove all sanding dust with a vacuum or clean with a lint-free cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
Refurbishing existing coating:
- Existing finished wood may be refurbished without complete removal of the previous coating. The surface must be free from wax, silicones, oils and other contaminants, thoroughly cleaned and abraded before applying Ultimate Polyurethane
- If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may Release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
- For best results, use Rust-Oleum® Ultimate Wood Stains prior to using Rust-Oleum® Ultimate Polyurethane Aerosol. Follow stain manufacturer's recommendations before coating with Polyurethane. Apply Rust-Oleum® Ultimate Polyurethane Aerosol directly over thoroughly cured stain. Test a sample for product compatibility.
- Use care when applying over white or pastel paints or stains as discoloration may occur. Test Rust-Oleum® Ultimate Polyurethane in an inconspicuous area before beginning.
- Apply outdoors. Use adequate ventilation at all times. Do not apply in direct sunlight. Apply at temperatures between 55-90°F (13-32°C) and the relative humidity is below 85%. Shake can vigorously before and after use. Use a drop cloth or newspapers to protect surrounding areas from spray mist. Spray light mist coats, holding can 10-12 inches from surface. Move can with a smooth sweeping motion to avoid runs and sags. Several light coats give a better finish than one heavy coat. For hard to reach areas turn the can upside down to spray. Re-coat only when previous coats have dried clear and feel hard. (No longer feels tacky). If any coat has dried more than 24 hours, lightly sand before re-coating. For maximum durability, a minimum of 3 coats is recommended. For use on wood substrates only.
- Dry and recoat times are based on 70°F and 50% relative humidity. Lower temperatures and/or higher humidity may cause slower dry times. Dries to touch in 1 hour and can be recoated in 2 hours. Allow finish to dry 24 hours before light use. Wait 3 days before subjecting surface to normal usage.
- Use mineral spirits. Dispose of properly. For guidance on disposal of unused product, contact your local or state government environmental agency.