Permatex® 20539 Indian Head® Gasket Shellac Compound, 2 Oz
Permatex® Indian Head® Gasket Shellac Compound is the original quality formula, a hard setting, economical sealant. Seals all common gasketing materials in low temperature and low pressure applications. Temperature range -65 degree Fahrenheit to 350 degree Fahrenheit (-54 degree Celsius to 177 degree Celsius); resists diesel fuels and most shop fluids. Indian Head® Gasket Shellac Compound is a hard setting, slow drying liquid designed to coat, seal and repair most gaskets including felt, paper, rubber and composition type gaskets. It seals metal gaskets and threaded connections for light duty service. Indian Head® Gasket shellac is a dark brown, viscous liquid with a characteristic alcoholic odor.
- Size: 2 ounce
- Hard setting, economical sealant
- Formulated to lubricate under the most adverse brake conditions
- Seals all common gasketing materials
- Resists diesel fuels and most auto shop fluids
- Designed for temperature range -65 degree Fahrenheit to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Hose connections, paper and cardboard gaskets.
- Flexible when dry
- Good fuel resistance
- Improves reliability
- Saves time and labor
- Increases sealing reliability
- Applies easily
- Cleans up fast
- Temperature Range -65 degree Fahrenheit to +350 degree Fahrenheit
- Economical sealant for general assembly work
- Useful on paper, composition, felt and cardboard
- Hose connections
- Threaded connections
Directions For Use:
- Apply with brush or roller on dry, clean surfaces, free from dirt, oil, rust and dried paints or sealants. When brushed on gaskets, they should be dry.
- Indian Head® Gasket Shellac Compound can be applied at temperatures from 40 degree Fahrenheit to 100 degree Fahrenheit.
- The recommended thickness of the film depends on the type of surface. Generally, the wet film should be applied thin (approximately 0.010") and uniform.
- For bonding gaskets, apply on both surfaces. Allow to dry until surfaces are dry to the touch.
- Use chlorinated hydrocarbons, acetone or alcohol.
Properties of Uncured Material:
- Chemical Type: Rosin
- Appearance: Dark brown, viscous liquid
- Odor: Alcoholic
- Specific Gravity: 1.1
- Viscosity: Flow similar to SAE 60 Motor Oil
- Flash Point, TCC, : 76 degree Fahrenheit
- This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
- Products shall be ideally stored in a cool, dry location in unopened containers at a temperature between 8 degree Celsius to 28 degree Celsius (46 degree Fahrenheit to 82 degree Fahrenheit) unless otherwise labeled. Optimal storage is at the lower half of this temperature range. To prevent contamination of unused product, do not return any material to its original container.