Minwax® 40910 Wipe-On Poly Durable Finish, Clear Satin, 1 Pt
Minwax® Wipe-On Poly is a durable, clear finish that combines polyurethane protection with classic, hand-rubbed beauty. Applied with a cloth - no need to worry about drips and brush marks. Great for furniture, railings and trim. Easy to apply.
- Size: 1 Pt
- Hand rubbed beauty with polyurethane protection
- Easy to apply
- Applied with a cloth - no need to worry about drips and brush marks
- Great for furniture, railings and trim.
- Sheens: Satin
- Application Tool: Lint-free cloth
- Location: Interior wood surfaces
- Recoat: After 2-3 hours
- Dry Time: 24 hours before normal use
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits or paint thinner
- Coverage: 125 sq. ft. per quart
- Coats: 2-3
- Furniture, cabinets, woodwork, trim, doors; small floor touch-ups (scratches).
What is the benefit of using Minwax® Wipe-On Poly versus a traditional polyurethane?
- Minwax® Wipe-On Poly is easily applied with a cloth, without any drips or brush marks. It is the perfect choice for furniture, interior doors, trim and other woodwork.
Can I use Minwax® Wipe-On Poly on floors?
- Minwax® Wipe-On Poly provides a durable layer of topcoat protection but it is thinner than regular polyurethanes. It can be used on floors to touch up small areas that are worn or scratched. For new floors or floors that need to be refinished, Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane or Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors should be used.
Can Minwax® Wipe-On Poly be applied over Minwax® Wood Finish™ or other stains?
- Yes. Minwax® Wipe-On Poly is a great way to protect finished or unfinished wood. Be sure to allow wood that has been stained to dry completely before topcoating with Minwax® Wipe-On Poly.
Should Minwax® Wipe-On Poly be sanded between coats?
- Yes. A light sanding with very fine sandpaper (#220) or fine steel wool will remove any fine particles of dust that may have settled on the finish while it was wet. Allow Minwax® Wipe-On Poly to dry 2-3 hours before applying the next coat. If a third coat is desired, repeat the same procedure.
- Surface must be dry and free of old finishes in poor condition, wax, grease, polish, dirt or other foreign matter
- Sand to obtain a smooth, uniform surface. Remove all dust
- If desired, apply stain, such as Minwax® Wood Finish™ Stain, to unfinished interior wood surfaces. Follow directions for application instructions and dry times
- Shake Minwax® Wipe-On Poly container thoroughly before and during use to eliminate settling on the bottom of the can
- Apply a liberal amount of Wipe-On Poly to a clean, soft, lint-free cloth and rub it into the wood
- Let dry 2-3 hours. Then lightly sand entire surface with fine sandpaper (220 grit) to ensure an even finish and proper adhesion. Remove all dust
- Apply a second coat. If a third coat is desired, repeat step 6 before application
- After final coat, allow 24 hours before light use.