Minwax® 219804444 PolyShades® 1-Step Stain/Polyurethane Finish, 275 VO
Minwax® PolyShades® 275 VOC Compliant provides rich wood color and long lasting polyurethane protection, while enhancing the wood grain, in one simple step. Reduce finishing time as compared with staining with one product and protecting with another.
- Size: 1/2 Pt
- Color: Bombay Mahogany
- Stain & polyurethane in 1 step
- Long lasting protection
- A 1 step stain & finish that provides rich wood color & durable polyurethane protection
- Reduce finishing time as compared with staining with one product and protecting with another.
- Sheens: Satin
- Application Tool: High-quality natural bristle brush
- Location: Interior wood surfaces
- Recoat: After 8 hours
- Dry Time: 8 hours
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits
- Coverage: 120-150 sq. ft. per quart
- Coats: 2 coats are recommended. To deepen the color, apply a third coat
- VOC Content: Maximum VOC of 275 g/L.
- Furniture, woodwork, doors, cabinets, accessories.
What is the advantage of PolyShades® 275 VOC Compliant?
- PolyShades® 275 VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) Compliant combines stain for beautiful color with polyurethane for tough protection in one product. It is an ideal choice for those who want to save the time involved in staining with one product and protecting with another.
Should Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner be used as a pretreatment prior to PolyShades® 275 VOC Compliant?
- Yes, if the wood being stained is soft or porous. Soft or porous woods, such as pine or aspen, tend to absorb stain unevenly. Before using PolyShades® 275 VOC Compliant on soft or porous woods, Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner should be applied to ensure even stain penetration.
Can PolyShades® 275 VOC Compliant be applied over an existing finish?
- Yes, as long as the previous finish is not lacquer or shellac. Be sure to test the selected color on a hidden spot to see how it will look over the original finish. To prepare the surface, make sure that the finish is clean and has had all wax and polish removed. Then lightly sand with #180 or #220 sandpaper. The surface is now ready to be coated with PolyShades® 275 VOC Compliant.
Can Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane or Wipe-On Poly be applied over PolyShades® 275 VOC Compliant?
- Yes. Since PolyShades® contains polyurethane, additional protection, without added color, can be provided with a clear coat of Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane or Wipe-On Poly over the last coat of PolyShades®.
- Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.