GE THQL1115AFP Single Pole Arc Fault Circuit Breaker, 15 Amp
Residential electrical fires occur around 70,000 times a year. A significant portion of these fires can be attributed to arc faults. An arc fault is the flow of electricity over an unintended path. These arcs can exceed temperatures of 10,000° F and easily ignite combustible materials in the home. AFCIs are devices that protect your home by detecting dangerous arcs and safely de-energizing the circuit.
- 15 Amp
- Single Pole
- Arc Fault Circuit Breaker
- 1" Space Required
- Protects Against Electrical Fires
- Prevents Arcs From Occurring.
Arc faults arise from a number of situations, including:
- Damaged wires
- Receptacle leakage
- Neutral leads pinched to grounded metal box
- Worn electrical insulation
- Loose electrical connections
- Shorted wires
- Wires or cords in contact with vibrating metal
- Overheated or stressed electrical cords and wires
- Misapplied/damaged appliances.