Formby's® 30064 Traditional Tung Oil Finish, 16 Oz, Low Gloss
Applying a finish is essential for protecting stripped, refinished or bare wood from moisture and wear. Formby's® Tung Oil Finish imparts a warm, hand-rubbed lustre to wood, enhancing its natural charm. By hand-rubbing Tung Oil into wood, you eliminate the potential for streaks, ensuring a beautiful, smooth finish. Tung Oil penetrates wood, protecting from the inside out.
- 16 oz
- Low Gloss
- Premium varnish for a classic hand-rubbed look
- Dries clear, penetrates and protects
- Reapply anytime you need extra sheen and protection.
- Always use chemically resistant rubber gloves such as Formby's® Refinishing Gloves and protective eyewear.
- Work in a shaded, well-ventilated area with temperature ideally between 65° and 85° F.
Directions: Always read the product label before use
- Surface should be thoroughly cleaned. Remove any dirt or wax build-up before applying Formby's® Tung Oil Finish.
- Put a small amount of Tung Oil Finish on a Formby's® Finish Applicator Pad or a soft, lint-free cloth and rub into the wood. For best results apply a thin coat and work the Tung Oil into the wood surface, similar to the way you would wax a car.
- Tung Oil should dry within 12 hours. Buff lightly with a very fine steel wool pad such as Formby's® Steel Wool Refinishing Pads. Wipe thoroughly with a soft, lint-free cloth. Rub in a second coat. To build sheen and add protection, additional coats may be applied.
DANGER! HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. COMBUSTIBLE.
Contains ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS. Contents are COMBUSTIBLE. Keep away from heat, sparks and open flame. May cause eye, skin and respiratory tract irritation. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Keep container closed when not in use.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call a physician. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.