Flam CH6101 Extra Guard® Motorcycle Oil Filter Cartridge
Engineered for Conventional Motor Oil. Cellulose and Glass blended media provides protection for oil change intervals up to 5,000 miles1. 95% filtration efficiency2.
- Motorcycle filter cartridge
- Designed for flow rates consistent with OE requirements
- Filtering media keeps the engine oil clean while maintaining optimal flow levels
- High quality materials & construction keep your motorcycle or ATV running at its best.
- With an ideal balance of dirt-trapping efficiency and dirt-holding capacity, FRAM Extra Guard oil filters use a special blend of fibers and resin to create a proprietary filter media that delivers excellent engine protection
- Extra Guard is the perfect filter for everyday drivers who perform frequent maintenance on their vehicles
- Use proper protective gear. Used motor oil should not come in contact with bare skin. Engine oil may be hot
- Place a drain pan under the oil filter and unscrew oil filter
- Clean mounting base making sure the "O" ring from the old filter is not stuck to the filter mount
- Apply film of clean oil to filter gasket. Do not use grease
- Screw new filter on until gasket reaches base contact. Then tighten according to instructions on filter using tightening guide markers
- Check owner's manual for correct oil specification, viscosity and amount
- Add oil to "full" on dipstick. Idle engine for five minutes and check for leaks
- Shut off engine and recheck oil level after 5 minutes and top off as necessary.