Filtrete 9824DC-6 Micro Allergen Defense Air Filter, 14" x 30" x 1", Red
Filtrete Allergen Defense air filters help reduce allergens in your air by turning your central heating and cooling system into a whole house air cleaner. Developed to pull in and trap unwanted particles such as pollen and pet dander from the air, these filters help capture allergens as well as large particles like lint and household dust.
- Microfiber filter design
- Designed with exclusive Filtrete Brand 3-in-1 technology from 3M to pull in and trap unwanted air particles while letting cleaner air flow through
- Attracts and captures microscopic allergens including smoke and smog particles and large allergens including mold spores and pet dander
- Outperforms fiberglass, washable and non-electrostatic 3-month pleated 1" filters
- For maximum performance, change your filter at least every 90 days
- For residential use only.
- Length: 30"
- Width: 14"
- Thickness: 1"
- Color: Red
- M E R V Grade: 11
- MPR (Microparticle Performance Rating) levels: 1000
- Media Material: Microfiber
- Body Material: Cardboard.
Electrostatic Design Captures More Particles
The 3M Micro allergen reduction filter is made with both positively charged and negatively charged fibers that act like tiny magnets to attract air-polluting contaminants. Since particles in the air are either positively or negatively charged, they are attracted to and captured by the filter and kept out of your living space.
Electrostatic filters, including the 3M Micro allergen reduction filter, perform better than comparable non-electrostatic fiberglass and washable/reusable filters, because they attract and capture the small, allergy-aggravating microparticles that non-electrostatic filters can't.
Improves Indoor Air Quality
With indoor air a surprising two to five times more polluted than outdoor air, the 3M Micro allergen reduction filter can make a difference in maintaining a healthier home environment by cleaning air with each pass through the filter.
The 3M Micro allergen reduction filter features a 1000 Microparticle Performance Rating (MPR), which means it is able to capture large and small particles from the air, including household dust, pollen, dust-mite debris, mold spores, pet dander, smoke, smog, and bacteria.
This allergen-reduction filter also keeps your heating and air conditioning equipment working efficiently by removing dirt and reducing strain on the motor. It is recommended that you change the filter every three months. However, the effectiveness and life of the filter can vary and depend on the individual conditions in your home.