Ferti-lome® 11484 Brush Killer Stump Killer, Concentrate, 16 Oz
Ferti-lome® Brush Killer Stump Killer is recommended for the control of unwanted Woody Plants, Vines and Broadleaf Weeds around homes, cabins, fences, walkways, and other non-crop areas.
- Size: 16 ounce
- Contains Triclopyr
- Controls unwanted woody plants, vines, Poison Ivy and broadleaf weeds.
- Foliage Spray: 8-16 tablespoons per gallon to 500 sq. ft.
- Stump Treatment: Apply undiluted product with a paint brush to completely cover the fresh cut surface.
- Vine Control: Cut the vine first and treat as directed for stump treatment.
- Triclopyr (3,5,6-trichloro-2-Pyridinyloxyacetic acid), as the Triethylamine salt ............ 8.8%
- OTHER INGREDIENTS:................................91.2%
- TOTAL: ...................................................100.00%
Contains 6.36% Triclopyr acid - 0.6 lb/gallon.
Directions For Use:
- It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Read all Directions For Use carefully before applying.
General Use Precautions and Restrictions:
- Do not use on or around edible food or food crops.
- Avoid contact with eyes or clothing during and after application.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person or pet, either directly or through drift. Keep people and pets out of the area during application.
- Entry Restrictions: Do not enter or allow others to enter the treated area until sprays have dried.
- Do not spray when the wind is blowing toward desirable Plants.
- Do not apply this product directly to, or allow to drift to, Grapes, Vegetable Crops, Flowers, Ornamentals, or other desirable foliage. Applications should be made when wind is low and there is little chance of spray drift.
- Do not apply with nozzles that produce a fine-droplet spray.
- Measuring utensils and spray equipment should not be reused for purposes other than herbicide application.
- For best results, apply as a full coverage foliar spray when Brush and Weeds are fully leafed out and actively growing. Wilting or other symptoms will occur in 1 to 6 weeks. Apply only when the air is calm to prevent drift to desirable vegetation. Rainfall within 24 hours may reduce effectiveness.
- Using a hose-end or tank sprayer, mix 8 to 16 tablespoons (4 to 8 fl. oz.) in enough water to make one gallon mixed spray. For mature or hard-to-control Plants (such as Ash, Blackgum, Choke Cherry, Elm, Maple, Oak, Pine, or Winged Elm), or during drought conditions, use the highest rate of application indicated. Resprouting may occur in the year following treatment when lower rates are used. The addition of a surfactant (spreader/sticker) enhances herbicidal action and improved distribution of the spray on hard-towet Plant surfaces. Apply at the rate of one gallon mixed spray to approximately 500 sq. ft. of area. Coverage may vary depending on the amount of foliage to be treated. Using coarse spray pattern and low pressure, apply as thorough foliage spray to wet all leaves.
- To kill Stumps and prevent sprouting, apply the undiluted product with a paint brush or backpack sprayer to completely cover the freshly cut surface. Do not reuse paint brush. Wrap in several layers of newspaper and discard in trash.
- When treating Vines such as Poison Oak, Poison Ivy, etc. that grow on or around desirable Plants, do not allow spray to contact desirable vegetation. Cut the Vine first and treat as directed for Stump treatment.