Farm General 75298 Aquatic Herbicide 53.8% Glyphosate, 1-Gallon
Farm General Aquatic Herbicide frees ponds, lakes, and streams from invasive cattails, alligator weed, beachgrass, cordgrass, and several invasive native and non-native plants. When used as directed, this broad-spectrum post-emergent weed killer eliminates targeted weeds down to the root while leaving soil and wildlife unharmed. Perfect for use in bodies of fresh and brackish water.
- Size: Gallon
- 53.8% glyphosate for aquatic use
- A broad spectrum post-emergent weed killer
- Can clear your pond of cattails, alligator weed, beachgrass, giant reeds, and several invasive plants that can't wait to take over your water
- Eliminates targeted weeds down to the root while leaving soil and wildlife unharmed.
Where To Use:
- Lakes: Rivers
- Streams: Ponds
- Estuaries: Rice levees
- Seeps: Irrigation and drainage ditches
- Canals: Reservoirs
- Wastewater treatment facilities: Creeks
This product does not control plants with foliage that is are completely or mostly underwater.
When To Use:
This product is a post-emergent, systemic herbicide. It will give broad-spectrum control of most soft and woody plants as long as there are visible, actively growing leaves and stems. For best results, apply when there are several days of calm, sunny days over 60 degrees. Cloudy weather may delay results, and rain within six hours may require reapplication.
- Annual weeds are best controlled early in their growing season.
- Perennial weeds are best eliminated when treated at the later growth stages (prior to fruit and seed formation).
- If woody vines or brush is mowed or cut, wait until full leaf formation before treatment.
How To Use:
- For optimal results, apply treatment only when Ideal application conditions are as present. Please see label for more application rate, mixture, method, and safety recommendations and instructions.
- Where silt and debris are not present on plant surfaces
- Where good spray coverage is achievable, and wind speed is under 10 mph.
- When target plants are actively growing
- When labeled rates and application volumes are used
- When at least four hours drying time is available before plants are covered by tidewater. (Where one or more of these conditions are not met, schedule applications to allow at least five hours drying time before plants are covered by tidewater.
For treatments after drawdown of water or in dry ditches
- Allow seven or more days after treatment before reintroduction of water to achieve optimal weed control.
- Apply this product within one day after drawdown to ensure adequate application on actively growing weeds.
Floating mats of vegetation
- Spray exposed foliage, taking care to avoid direct contact with water.
- To minimize wash-off, take care to avoid contact with spray boat or recreational boat backwash.
- Do not spray when rainfall is predicted within 6 hours of application.
- Do not retreat within 24 hours following the initial treatment.
Rivers, streams, and other moving bodies of water
- Treatment to moving bodies of water must be made while traveling upstream to prevent concentration of this herbicide in water.
- When making bankside applications, do not overlap more than one foot into open water. Do not spray in bodies of water where weeds do not exist.
- The maximum application rate of 7.5 pints per acre must not be exceeded in any single broadcast application that is being made over water (please see label for exceptions).
Lakes, ponds, and impounded bodies of water
- Do not overlap more than one foot into open water when making shoreline applications.
- Do not spray where weeds do not exist.
- When emerged infestations require treatment of the total surface area of impounded water, best practice is to treat the area in strips to avoid oxygen depletion that naturally occurs with decaying vegetation. Oxygen depletion may result in fish kill.
Farm General Aquatic Herbicide requires the use of a nonionic surfactant at the rate of two or more quarts to every 100 gallons of spray solution. Increasing rate of surfactant may enhance performance, especially in cases of high water volumes, tough woody brush, and adverse environmental conditions.
- Do not apply this product directly to water within a .5 mile upstream of an active potable water intake in flowing or standing water (a river, stream, creek, lake, pond, reservoir, etc.).
- There is no restriction on the use of treated water for irrigation, recreation, or domestic purposes. Do not use an irrigation system to apply product.
- Obtain a permit as necessary when applying product to public water.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application. For any requirements specific to your state or tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation.
- Do not enter or allow others to enter treated areas until sprays have dried.
- Do not use on feed or food crops.
- Glyphosate, N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine, in the form of its isopropylamine salt: 53.8%
- Other Ingredients: 46.2%
- Total: 100%