DecoArt® ML06C-28 Metallic Lustre™ Water Based Metallic Wax, Iced Espr
Metallic Lustre™ is a water-based, non-toxic, no mess, metallic wax that buffs to a brilliant shine. It features highly concentrated pigments and boasts an opaque coverage with only one coat. Metallic Lustre™ adheres to most absorbent surfaces, as well as metal. Because it's a paste, it allows for more control during application than liquid paint.
- Size: 1 ounce
- Color: Iced Espresso
- Water based metallic wax
- Opaque coverage
- Dries quickly
- Soap and water clean-up
- Made in the USA.
How to Use:
- Apply to surface with soft cloth or sponge. Buff to a brilliant sheen. Seal with Americana DuraClear varnish for added durability and outdoor exposure. Clean up with soap and water.
Extending The Shelf Life of Metallic Lustre™
- To achieve optimum performance in application, adherence, and sheen, Metallic Lustre™ is formulated to be a soft paste. However, it can become more solid over time, depending on the frequency of use and storage conditions. Unlike regular paint, Metallic Lustre™ can easily be reconstituted or softened with small amounts of water. To extend the shelf life or to create a softer paste, add a few drops of water to the jar and reseal. Let it sit for a few hours or overnight to allow the paste to absorb the water, then stir the paste with a palette knife or plastic knife to ensure that the water is completely re-incorporated. If necessary, repeat this process until Metallic Lustre™ returns to its original consistency or the consistency you desire.
- When applying to dimensional surfaces, using a small stiff brush or stencil brush will make it easier to get into the crevices.
- Use a stencil brush and a swirling motion to stencil metallic designs on project surfaces.
- Buffing with a soft cloth increases the sheen.