Cabot® 16337-07 Semi-Transparent Deck & Siding Stain, Cordovan Brown, 1 Gallon
It is a deep penetrating, linseed oil-based stains that beautify and protect exterior wood. These lightly pigmented stains enhance the natural beauty of the wood by allowing the grain, texture, and color variations within the wood to show through. Acrylic 1300 series combines penetrating properties of oil-based with easy soap-and-water clean-up of water-based finishes. Will provide long-lasting, vapor-permeable protection that beautifies and enriches exterior wood surfaces. Formulated with non-fade, earth tone pigments to weather slowly over time.
- 1 gallon
- Cordovan brown
- Semi-transparent deck & siding stain
- Lightly pigmented oil stain for increased UV protection & color
- 400-500 sqft/gallon (on smooth wood), 250-350 sqft/gallon (on rough wood)
- For exterior use only
Where to Use:
- It is ideal for use on exterior wood decks, siding, fences, shingles and roofs. Acrylic water based stains are for use on exterior wood siding, shingles, shakes and roofs. They are especially effective on rough-sawn surfaces; and excellent results are obtained on premium grade lumber such as cedar, fir, pine, cypress, spruce, redwood and plywood panel siding.
Preparing Your Surfaces:
- Proper surface preparation is the key to maximum stain performance. The durability of this product can be impaired by an unsound or poorly prepared surface. It is very important that the surface be clean of all dirt, mildew stains, loose wood fibers and other foreign matter. In order to be effective, a stain must be able to penetrate. Surfaces must be structurally sound and absolutely dry. (Moisture content must be below 15%, or wood must be exposed to dry weather a minimum of 3 to 5 days.) Previously semi-transparent stained or weathered wood surfaces must be either sanded, scrubbed with a detergent solution or Cabot Problem-Solver® Wood Cleaner and a stiff bristle brush, or power washed to remove the surface layer of all loose wood fibers, dirt, mildew stains, chalky residue and other foreign matter. Use Cabot Problem-Solver Strippers (8004) to safely remove all stains and paints from wood surfaces. Use Cabot Problem-Solver Wood Brightener to easily remove nail and metal rust stains, and renew the wood's appearance. New smooth wood that is unseasoned or appears shiny should be allowed to weather sufficiently before staining, but generally no longer than three months.
- Stir thoroughly before and occasionally while using. Intermix all containers of the same color. For best results, use a high quality pad applicator or stain brush. If you must spray, always backbrush immediately after each section is coated to ensure uniformity. To avoid lap marks, always start at one edge and follow through to the end of the board. Restain depending on sun exposure and wear every 3-5 years (1 to 2 years for decks).
Cleanup and Disposal:
- Before drying, clean brushes and equipment with soap and water. Use mineral spirits after drying.
- Dispose of empty cans or unused portion in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Close container when not in use. Danger: Rags, steel wool or waste soaked with this product may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately after each use, place rags, steel wool or waste in a sealed, water-filled metal container. Dispose of according to local regulations.