Americana Decor® ADMTL11-36 Metallics™ Water-Based Craft Paint, Old Go
Achieve a high-end look on home decor and furniture pieces without the hassle of priming or sanding first by using the most advanced metallic acrylic paint available on the market. Use it for subtle accenting or full-coverage application. The patent pending reflective technology makes the light reflect evenly off the painted surface, resulting in a true metallic finish. Americana Decor® Metallics™ are an advanced formula of metallic paints that provide the best metallic finish available on the market for your upcycled home decor accents. Ideal for subtle accenting or full-coverage application.
- Size: 8 ounce
- Color: Old Gold
- Durable finish
- Uniform metallic shimmer
- Water based
- Soap and water clean up
- Excellent coverage with a uniform metallic shimmer
- Ultra-fine pigments used to achieve a much richer, smoother finish
- In wide-mouth jar
- Made in the USA.
Americana Decor® Metallics™ is a specially designed, finely-pigmented acrylic paint that gives a durable, reflective finish to home decor projects. Use it to accent furniture or even paint walls for added drama. Its patent pending reflective technology guarantees the most reflective painted piece on the market. One jar provides two-coat coverage on approximately 12 square feet.
How to Use Metallics Paint
- Shake well. Apply using a soft brush or roller. On a smooth/sealed surface, first apply a basecoat or primer or sand lightly for better coverage. Sand lightly between coats to achieve the highest metallic sheen. Apply coats as needed to achieve metallic finishes ranging from semi-transparent to solid. One 8 oz jar provides two-coat coverage on approximately 12 square feet. Cleans up with soap and water.
Tips for Metallics Paint
- Allow to dry 2-3 hours between coats.
- Sand between coats for an ultra-smooth finish.
- For a textured look, use a high-density foam roller instead of a brush.
- Clean stencils quickly before paint dries.
- No primer or sealer is needed before painting or to protect the finish afterwards.
- Clean surface well before painting. Tough stains and loose paint can be removed with a power washer.
- Make sure surface is dry before painting.
- Fill any holes or scratches on wood surfaces with paintable wood filler. Let dry and sand smooth. Remove dust.