Air Vent 54508 Belt Drive Whole House Fan w/ Automatic Shutter, 36"
Whole-house fans are installed in a central hallway inside the house and pull fresh outdoor air through open windows. They are often used to augment air conditioning or instead of air conditioning in mild summertime climates. Fan motor is attached to blade with a pulley for quieter operation than direct-drive model.
- Sizes: 36"
- Fan motor is attached to blade with a pulley for quieter operation than direct-drive model
- Made with a rubber-mounted, self-aligning, precision ball bearing drive assembly to reduce friction
- Two-speed operation, with a convenient wall-mounted switch
- An enamel steel housing with a powder-coated finish makes them extremely durable
- Assembled wood frame to simplify installation.
- Automatic shutter
- Pulls air from a house size of 2300 Sqft
- 6900 CFM
- Runs on high & low, Speed Wall Switch Included
- Needs 1325 Sqin of open exhaust vents in attic space
- Rough opening is 34-1/4" x 36-3/4"
- Automatic shutter is white
- Do have to cut joist when installing fan, with motor mounted on struts above housing
- Fan will be quieter than direct drive models.