Air Vent 52606 Internally Braced Wind Turbine Head, 12", Mill
A non-electric alternative to ventilation, these vents use the natural force of wind and air pressure to spin and vent out stale attic air. They do it with a series of specially shaped vanes that catch the wind and provide rotary motion. This pulls hot, humid air from the attic. Turbine vents provide a low-cost ventilation alternative in areas where wind speeds of at least 5 mph are typical.
- Size: 12"
- Color: Mill
- 345 CFM At 5 MPH winds, 544 CFM's At 8 MPH winds & 969 CFM At 15 MPH winds
- Can be used with any 12" turbine base
- Internally braced style
- Dual ball bearing system assures long-lasting, quiet operation
- Two-piece base
- Large flashing allows for easy installation
- Aluminum construction.
- Provide year-round ventilation
- Low cost and high efficiency make them an extremely popular ventilation component
- Like roof vents, turbines must always be used with adequate soffit venting to meet minimum ventilation code requirements
- Homeowners should not be instructed to cover turbines in winter weather because that would prevent needed ventilation.