3M CP25WB Fire Barrier Sealant, Red, 10.1 Oz
Applied with conventional caulking equipment with excellent caulk rate. Sag-resistant properties offer clean application as well as strong adhesion. Water-based and paintable sealant provides easy application and clean-up. Sealant is re-enterable and repairable. Fire resistance tested for static construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079). Sealant helps minimize sound transfer.
- Firestop tested for through penetration applications up to 4 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Applied with conventional caulking equipment with excellent caulk rate
- Sag-resistant properties offer clean application as well as strong adhesion
- Water-based and paintable sealant provides easy application and clean-up
- Sealant is re-enterable and repairable
- Fire resistance tested for static construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079)
- Sealant helps minimize sound transfer.
- Size: 10.1 oz
- Packing Type: Cartridge
- V O C Content: <1 g/l
- Form: Paste
- Drying Time: 30 - 60 min
- Flammability Rating: 1
- Specific Gravity: 1.35
- Application Temperature: 40 - 122 deg F
- Applicable Materials: Plastic and Metal
- Application Method: Caulking Gun
- Shore Hardness: 45
- Base Type: Latex
- Tensile Strength: 85
- Temperature Range: -20 to 180 deg F
We formulated this fire sealant to dry and form a monolithic firestop seal that also acts as a barrier to airborne sound transmission. 3M Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ is a red, one-component, gun-grade, latex-based, intumescent firestop sealant. This fire barrier sealant helps control the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gases before, during and after exposure to a fire.
Dependable and Easy-to-Use Firestop Sealant
- Tough and ready-to-use, 3M Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ is a high-performance, one-component, latex-based, intumescent sealant that dries to form a monolithic firestop seal. This sealant also acts as a barrier to airborne sound transmission. As penetrants are exposed to fire, the unique intumescent property of this material allows 3M Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ to expand and help maintain a firestop penetration seal for up to 4 hours. This sealant is designed to help control the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gases before, during and after exposure to a fire when installed in accordance with a listed through-penetration or fire-resistive joint assembly system (STC-Rating of 54 when tested in a STC 54-rated wall assembly).
Ready to Protect for Consistent Results
- 3M Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ firestops blank openings and penetrations passing through fire-rated floor, floor/ceiling or wall assemblies and other fire-rated interior building construction. This halogen-free sealant is capable of expanding a minimum of 3 times its dried volume when exposed to temperatures above 1000°F (538°C). We engineered this sag-resistant sealant to exhibit strong adhesion to a full range of construction substrates and penetrants. Applied with conventional caulking equipment, this gun-grade sealant offers an excellent caulk rate, no mixing is required. In addition, this water-based sealant is paintable as well as re-enterable and repairable, offering easy application and clean-up.
- HVAC ducts and vents
- Metallic and non-metallic pipes
- Blank openings
- Single and bundled cables
- Insulated pipe
- Pipe and cable through-penetrations
- Rated wall, floor and floor-ceiling assemblies
- Static construction joints
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
- Effective and easy to install, 3M Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ is part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
- Ideal for sealing single or multiple through penetrations in fire-rated construction. Typically used in mechanical, electrical and plumbing applications to firestop openings created by the following penetrations in fire-rated floors, floor/ceilings or walls: metallic pipe, plastic pipe (excluding CPVC), conduit, power and communication cable, cable trays, busways, combos, insulated pipe and HVAC duct penetrations. Also used to firestop blank openings and static construction joints.