3M FB-136 Fire Block Sealant 10.1 Oz, Gray, Thixotropic Paste
A versatile, one component, water-based, non-combustible draft, smoke and fireblocking sealant, designed to resist high temperatures and smoke passage in non-rated construction. Meets ASTM E 136 noncombustibility requirements. Gray color, no mixing required.
- Designed to resist high temperatures and smoke passage in non-rated construction
- Easy clean up with water
- Thixotropic (will not sag or run in vertical or overhead applications)
- Tack-free in approximately 15 minutes
- Applied with standard caulking gun or trowel (high caulk rate).
- Size: 10.1 oz
- Packing Type: Cartridge
- Form: Thixotropic Paste
- Coverage: 29'
- Drying Time: 15 min
- Functional Cure: 25 hr
- Odor/ Scent: Minimal.
- Product can be installed with a standard caulking gun or it can be easily applied with a putty knife or trowel. 3M Fire Block Sealant FB 136 will bond to concrete, brick, metals, wood, plastic, and cable jacketing. 3M Fire Block Sealant FB 136 meets current International Building Code (IBC), International Residential Code (IRC), International Residential Mechanical Code, International Fuel Gas Code and NFPA 5000 draft, smoke and fireblocking requirements
- Typical applications include: sealing interior construction voids around wires, pipes, HVAC ducts and vents, in wood or steel framed non-rated construction. May also be used around chimney, fireplace and other framing gaps. Not for exterior use.