3M 2174W-6 Outdoor Patio Door Insulator Kit, 1-Patio Door
3M™ Patio Door Insulator Kits keep cold drafts out and warm air in through heat shrink film and Scotch® Film Mounting Tape. Easy to install, 3M™ Patio Door Insulator kits have the clearest film and stay up all season long with Scotch® tape technology. The kit can insulate one 6' 8" x 9' patio door.
- Insulates one 6 ft. 8 in. x 9 ft. patio door
- Includes 1/2" x 13.8 yards tape
- Clear as a glass, keeps out drafts
- Saves energy and reduces heating costs
- Stops cold drafts, prevents frost build-up and reduces condensation
- Shrinks tight for a transparent, wrinkle-free fit
- Double-sided tape seals off cracks and crevices
- For outdoor use only
Keep the Heat In and the Cold Out
- Made by 3M, this outdoor patio door insulator kit contains insulation film along with Scotch film tape to keep cold drafts out and warm air in. As a result, you can reduce your heating costs during the winter. The film shrinks tight around your door frame for a transparent, wrinkle-free fit and is made to reduce condensation and prevent frost build-up.
Double-Sided Mounting Tape for a Secure Seal
- Included with this kit is a 1/2" x 13.8 yard roll of 3M™ film mounting tape to keep your insulation in place all season long. This double-sided tape seals off cracks and crevices, creates an airtight seal, and establishes a strong bond between the surface, the tape, and the insulation film, as recommended in ENERGY STAR's "Seal and Insulate" guidelines. Featuring a convenient, ready-to-peel liner, the tape adheres easily to a variety of surfaces and stays intact upon removal.
Simple, Fast Installation
- Installing the door insulation is easy. You simply unfold the film and cut it to the width of the door frame, allowing an extra inch on all sides. Next, you firmly apply the mounting tape around the frame and remove the paper liner. Then you apply the film to the tape, starting at the top of the door, and reposition and stretch the film to remove wrinkles. Finally, you press the film firmly to the tape and trim any excess film.