Oatey 31403 PTFE Gas Line Thread Seal Tape, 1/2"x260", Yellow
Oatey Yellow Gas Line Thread Seal Tape with Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a thread sealing tape designed specifically for gas lines up to 1-1/2" diameter. Yellow Gas Line Tape is a thick, full density thread sealing tape. Yellow Gas Line Thread Seal Tape is compatible with a broad range of gases and liquids, as well as compatible with many piping materials.
- Size: 1/2" x 260"
- Manufactured especially for natural gas, propane, butane, water, oil and chemical lines
- Heavier than white tape with density of 1.35 - 1.50 grams/cubic centimeters, 4 mils thick
- Complies with MIL-T-22230A (ASG), UL 31 RO, AGA 3226 and CAN/ULC-S642
- Packaged on spools in convenient dispenser box
Physical / Chemical Properties:
- Appearance: Yellow Tape
- Density: 1.25 to 1.5 g/c3
- Pressure Rating: 10,000 psi
- Temperature Range: -450° F to 500° F
- Tensile Strength: 1245 to 2500 psi
- Thickness: 0.0032" TO 0.0038"
- Shelf Life: Indefinite
Oatey Yellow Gas Line Thread Seal Tape with PTFE can be used on galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, ABS and fiberglass threaded piping. This product is compatible with piping carrying dilute acids, compressed air, aliphatic solvents, dilute caustics, cutting oils, diesel fuel oil, hydraulic fluids, L.P. Gas, Natural Gas, petroleum solvents, steam, vegetable oils, water and many more.