Thompson’s® WaterSeal® 043841-16 Waterproofing Stain, Solid, Acorn Bro
Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Stain - Solid provides complete outdoor wood protection. It waterproofs long after the initial water beading is gone. Use on decks and fences, outdoor furniture, exterior wood. 1 coat protects 5 years on decks and 15 years on fences and siding.
- Size: 1 Gallon
- Color: Acorn Brown
- Solid, wood sealer and stain all in 1
- Prevents water damage
- Advanced polymers provide fade resistant color
- Coating resists mildew and UV damage
- Applies to freshly cleaned damp or dry wood
- Exceeds industry standard ASTM D-4446 for waterproofing wood
- 1 coat coverage dries to the touch within 2 hours
- Covers 150 to 400 Sq.ft. per gallon.
Directions For Use:
Before you begin
- For Exterior Use Only. For Wood Substrates Only.
- To ensure good penetration, do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot days. Both surface and air temperatures should be above 50 Degree F and below 95 Degree F.
- Perform the splash test. Sprinkle water on various sections of surface to be sealed. If water absorbs and darkens color of substrate within five seconds, surface is porous and considered ready to be treated. If water beads up or otherwise sits on top of surface, then surface does not need protection at this time.
- Do not use in below grade application where water pressure is a problem or on painted or recently stained surfaces.
- DO NOT USE AS AN ADDITIVE TO PAINT.
- Do not freeze. Do not store below 32 Degree F.
- WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Surfaces and substrates must be free of all mildew stains, dust, dirt, oil, soot, grease and other contaminants.
- Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned prior to application with a deck cleaner (like those in the Thompson’s® WaterSeal® deck cleaner line) applied according to label directions and cautions.
- Remove all existing loose, flaking or peeling stain. Failure to do so will result in continued flaking and peeling.
- Do not mix with other waterproofing products; variations in the final appearance of the surface being treated may result.
- Do not thin.
- Shake well – intermix all cans (of the same color) to be used to assure color uniformity. Shake or mix thoroughly before and occasionally during use.
- A small trial patch should be tried before application over the entire surface.
- Apply using an exterior paint pad, brush, roller, dipping or compression driven sprayer. If over applied, remove excess before it dries by redistributing to dry areas or wiping off.
- Keep the leading edge wet and distribute waterproofer evenly. This will help avoid lap marks and keep the color uniform.
- Work from top to bottom or side to side in areas small enough to allow the leading edge to remain wet at all times during application. Use natural breaks (windows, doors) as boundaries to divide large areas into more manageable work areas.
- Only one coat of Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Stain - Solid is recommended. A second coat can be added if more color is desired. Allow a dry time of 2 hours if applying a second coat.
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
- See Coverage Guidelines on side panel.
- Drying time will vary depending on temperature and humidity. Under normal conditions, Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Stain - Solid should dry to the touch within 2 hours.
- Clean brushes and equipment with soap and water. Read cautions on the handling and disposal of rags.