Melissa & Doug® 4071 Metal Shopping Cart for Kids, Age 3+
Fun on aisle five! To market, to market, take your shopping list and your teddy bear and get ready to shop! Kids love to help do the grocery shopping and The Melissa and Doug® shopping cart encourages them to use their imagination. At playtime, encourage your child to budget by pairing this with toy foods and handmade price tags for a fun game. Sometimes, it's okay to splurge, so let your child pick up a few treats as well. Placing items in the cart encourages motor skills and creativity, turning playtime into an interactive learning experience. This cart works just like the real thing, with pivoting wheels and a folding doll seat.
With sturdy metal construction and pivoting front wheels, this kid-size metal shopping cart toy is the perfect addition to your play grocery store. Our mini grocery wagon is easy to maneuver, fun to fill, and built to last for years of pretend play!
- Kids size
- With sturdy metal construction
- Includes pivoting front wheels and a folding doll seat
- Easy to maneuver
- Fun to fill and built to last
- Adult assembly required, contains small parts
- Dimensions: 23.25" x 15" x 11.75" assembled
- This durable shopping cart looks just like the ones in stores
- Age: 3 years and up.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Play "grocery store," asking kids to shop for specific items in a room or around the house. You might give them a shopping list with pictures on it or simple words.
- Ask kids to put one type of play food or other toys they have into the shopping cart. Then ask them to follow your directions to load, roll and unload the cart. For example, have them put all frozen or cold foods in the cart, then roll it to the end of the room, unload it and return for all the fruits and vegetables.
- Set up a mega-supermarket! Ask kids to carefully wheel the shopping cart from room to room, collecting a different type of food in each one. (Room 1 might be fruits and vegetables, and room 2 might be canned goods.) Have some fun . . . make the hallway "Aisle 1" and the kitchen a checkout area where you play cashier. Then switch roles!