Loctite® 1654392 PL® 500 Landscape Block Adhesive, 10 Oz, Tan
Loctite® PL® 500 Landscape Block Adhesive is an exterior, heavy-duty, premium quality adhesive designed to meet any landscaping need. It delivers a quick and easy solution to installing the final course of cap with landscape blocks and the installation of cement paving stones. Excellent for landscaping projects, such as securing block walls and capstones and for bonding brick, stone, timbers, concrete, metal and wood.
- 10 Oz
- True all weather application
- Waterproof and weather resistant. Use in temperatures from 0°F to 100°F
- No “roll-up” on frozen lumber
- Bonds to most building materials
- Provides a strong, durable bond to multiple surfaces
- Gap filling, will bridge minor gaps when bonding irregular surfaces.
- Use on Metal
- Use on Brick, Stone, Slate, & Concrete
- Use on Block wall caps
- Use on Timbers, & Wood.
Not Recommended For:
- Use on plastics
- Use on Applications over hygroscopic salt-treated wood, such as zinc chloride treatments; these substances attract, absorb and retain moisture
- Use on Foam board insulation
- Use in Continuous water submersion.
- Interior applications require ventilation to the outside during application and cure. Wear gloves. Wash hands after use.
- The temperature of the adhesive, the surfaces and the working area must be between 0°F (-18°C) and 100°F (38°C). For smooth, fast, easy application during cold weather, store adhesive at room temperature (70° ± 5°F) 24 hours prior to use. Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry, structurally sound and free of dust, grease, oil or other contaminants. To increase adhesion, sand glossy surfaces to a dull finish. Pre-fit all materials prior to applying product. Cut off tip of cartridge at 45° angle to desired bead size. For exterior applications, the recommended bead size is 3/8' (9.5 mm). Puncture seal inside of nozzle.
- Apply a continuous zigzag bead to one surface to be bonded. Apply the adhesive at a rate so that the materials can be positioned and fastened within 10 minutes. All projects may require support until adhesive has cured. It is recommended that all foot traffic stay off of paver stones or retaining caps for at least 24 to 48 hours after installation and heavy traffic for approximately 4 to 5 days.
For Landscape Blocks:
- When installing the cap onto the final course of landscape blocks, apply a 6.3 mm (¼') bead approximately 5 cm (2') in from the front and 5 cm (2') in from the back of the cap to be installed.
For Concrete Paving Stones:
- Apply an 'S' shaped bead approximately 6.3 mm (¼') to 9.5 mm (3/8') in diameter to the back of the stone to be installed. If using old concrete, clean with a 20% hydrochloric acid solution.
- Clean tools and uncured adhesive residue immediately with acetone or mineral spirits in a well-ventilated area to the outdoors. Cured adhesive may be carefully cut away with a sharp-edged tool.
- Loctite® PL® 500 Landscape Block Adhesive formula may be used under a variety of moisture and temperature conditions ranging from sub-freezing to elevated temperatures and dry, wet or frozen materials. Provides excellent flexibility to compensate for the different expansion rates of dissimilar materials. It is particularly effective when bonding irregular surfaces or bridging gaps between surfaces. Low VOC formulation can be used in all 50 states.