Minwax® 660910000 Wood Gel Stain w/ Non-Drip Formula, Coffee, 1 Qt
Minwax® Gel Stain is specifically designed to give you full control over the staining process and help you achieve beautiful results. Its unique non-drip formula makes application easy for vertical surfaces. Delivers uniform color evenly on wood and non-wood surfaces, such as metal, veneer, and fiberglass.
- Size: 1 Qt
- Color: Coffee
- Its unique non-drip formula makes application easy for vertical surfaces
- Delivers uniform color evenly on wood and non-wood surfaces, such as metal, veneer, and fiberglass
- Ideal for vertical surfaces
- Use to achieve the same color on different woods & surfaces
- Oil based for exterior durability
- Recommend top coating all interior projects with a protective clear finish.
- Recoat: 8-10 hours
- Dry Time: 24 hours
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits
- Coverage: 200 sq. ft. per quart
- Coats: 1 coat. To darken the color, apply a second coat after 8-10 hours
- Recommended Uses: Woodwork, furniture, doors, molding, trim, cabinets, accessories.
What makes Minwax® Gel Stain different from traditional stains such as Minwax® Wood Finish™
- Its name says it all. Minwax® Gel Stain has a gelled consistency. The non-drip formula makes it an ideal choice for vertical surfaces. Because it is thick-bodied, it stays more toward the surface of the wood, allowing greater color control during application. In addition, Gel Stain can be applied to non-wood surfaces, including metal, veneer and fiberglass, to give them a beautiful wood appearance
What's the best way to apply Minwax® Gel Stain to a fiberglass door?
- Fiberglass is non-porous and won't absorb the stain the way a wood surface does. So, it's best to apply Gel Stain with a bristle brush. Excess stain should be evened out with the brush - not wiped away with a rag. See application instructions above
Should Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner be used with Gel Stain?
- Yes. Some woods, such as pine and maple, tend to absorb stains unevenly. Before using Gel Stain, Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner should be applied to ensure even stain penetration.