Repel HG-34127 Permethrin Clothing & Gear Insect Repellent, Aerosol, 6.5 Oz
Repel Permethrin Clothing and Gear Insect Repellent is designed to be applied to clothing and gear, rather than on skin. This insect repellent repels and kills the mosquitoes, ticks and chiggers that can take the fun out of an outdoor adventure. One treatment lasts for 2 weeks, so you can protect your clothing and gear for your next outing and be ready to go at any time. This unscented spray helps create a mosquito barrier for your gear and clothing so you can focus on all the outdoor activities you enjoy. Apply to gear including nets, tents, sleeping bags and backpacks. This product contains an active ingredient that actually binds to the fabric being treated. It provides residual protection for a minimum of two weeks and will hold up through several machine washings. Don't re-treat clothing more than once every two weeks - wash at least once before re-treating. See product label for complete treatment directions.
- Size: 6.5 ounce
- Contains 0.5% Permethrin and repels and kill mites, ticks and mosquitoes including those that may carry the west nile virus.
- Odorless and can be applied to both clothing and gear such as backpacks, tents and sleeping bags for protection
- For shoes, clothing, nets, gear and tents (not to be applied to skin)
- Lasts up to two weeks through several washes
- Repels and kills ticks and mosquitoes
- One treatment lasts up to 2 weeks.
- A little planning can go a long way toward staying mosquito-bite-free in the backwoods and on the water. Simply apply Rebel Permethrin Clothing and Gear Insect Repellent aerosol on all your equipment before you're planning to be outdoors, and you'll enjoy mosquito and tick protection that repels and kills biting insects for up to two weeks.
- The odorless spray actually binds to the fabric on garments, boots, backpacks, tents, nets, and other outdoor gear, ensuring residual protection that lasts through several machine washings and multiple outdoor excursions.
Safe and Effective
- Permethrin, the active ingredient in Repel Permethrin Clothing and Gear Insect Repellent aerosol, is a synthetic pyrethroid that works by disrupting the normal functioning of the nervous system of mosquitoes and ticks. It's a contact insecticide that kills all biting insects that come in contact with treated fabric fibers.
- Permethrin-based repellents are safe for use with any type of fabric or material--even delicate garments. The insecticide binds very strongly to the fibers of the fabrics you treat, but will not absorb into the skin. The aerosol is designed for clothing application, however. Do not spray products containing permethrin directly onto your skin.
- Spray garments or equipment at least two to four hours before you're planning to use or pack them to make sure they're completely dry. Lay out the articles you want to treat in a well-ventilated outdoor area and moisten the surface of the fabric until the outer surface is visibly moist. Turn it over and treat the other side, then hang to dry.
- You shouldn't reuse Repel Permethrin Clothing and Gear Insect Repellent aerosol more than once every two weeks. Wash treated clothing at least once before you treat it again. Use permethrin-based products in conjunction with an insect repellent designed for direct application to your skin for best results.
Directions for Use
- It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING.
- Do not allow adults, children or pets to enter the area until sprays have dried.
- Application is prohibited directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies or aquatic habitat can occur. Do not allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
General Clothing Instructions:
- This product must not be applied to clothing while it is being worn. Under no circumstances should bare skin or clothing on the body be treated.
- For protection against ticks (including those that may carry Lyme disease), chiggers and mosquitoes, apply product as directed below. For further protection, use in conjunction with an insect repellent registered for direct application to the skin and utilize the following primary preventive measures. Avoid walking in areas where the pests are found, wear appropriate protective clothing (light-colored, long-sleeved shirt and long pants tucked into socks) and inspect body daily for ticks. Pant cuffs should be worn inside the socks or footwear to ensure full protection against ticks and chiggers.
Initial Treatment Instructions:
- Select a well-ventilated outdoor area protected from wind and lay out the clothing to be treated (as complete outfit: shirt, pants and socks).
- Hold container about 6-8 inches from surface of the clothing and spray with a slow, sweeping motion to lightly moisten the entire surface of the fabric.
- Continue spraying over entire outfit until a total treatment time of 60 seconds has elapsed and the outer surface of the fabric is moist enough to cause a slight color change or darkening. Pay special attention to socks, pant cuffs and shirt cuffs.
- Turn the clothing over and treat the other side as described in Steps 2 and 3.
- Hang the treated clothing and allow to dry for at least two hours (four hours under humid conditions) before wearing.
- Three ounces will treat one complete outfit. Do not exceed recommended spraying times.
Initial Treatment Instructions On Nets, Tents, Sleeping Bags And Backpacks:
- Do not treat inside of sleeping bag. Spray exterior surfaces of tent only. Select a well-ventilated outdoor area protected from wind and lay out article to be treated. Hold container upright about 6-8 inches from surface of the article and spray with a slow, sweeping motion to lightly moisten the surface of the fabric. Continue spraying over entire article until the outer surface of the article is moist enough to cause a light color change or darkening. Turn the article over and treat the other side as described above. Hang the treated article and allow to dry for at least two hours (four hours under humid conditions) before using.
- This product contains an active ingredient that actually binds to the fabric being treated, providing residual protection that lasts a minimum of two weeks and holds up through several machine washings. DO NOT RE-TREAT CLOTHING MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS. LAUNDER CLOTHING AT LEAST ONCE BEFORE RE-TREATING. For re-treatment, follow instructions for initial treatment.
Storage and Disposal
- Pesticide Storage:Store in a cool, dry area, inaccessible to children and away from heat or open flame. Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling: Do Not Puncture or Incinerate!
- If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals
- CAUTION. Harmful if absorbed through the skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
- DO NOT USE ON CATS. May be toxic or potentially fatal if applied to or ingested by cats. Accidental application to cats and/or grooming a recently treated dog may result in tremors and/or uncoordinated muscle movements. If this occurs, immediate veterinary care should be provided.
- IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
- IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
- Have the product container with you when calling a Poison Control Center or doctor, or going for treatment.
Physical or Chemical Hazards
- Contents under pressure. Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Exposure to temperatures above 130ºF may cause bursting.
- This pesticide is extremely toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not apply directly to or near water. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to fish in water adjacent to treated areas. See Directions for Use for additional precautions and requirements.
- This pesticide is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are actively visiting the treatment area.