Thompson's WaterSeal 049841-16 Penetrating Transparent Timber Oil, Wal
Thompson's WaterSeal Timber Oil provides premium beauty, premium protection – all in one. This unique formulation nourishes and beautifies exterior wood, including hardwoods with its triple blend of premium oils. The deep penetrating oils protect the wood from water damage, while the coating resists mildew and UV damage. Premium iron oxide pigments offer long-lasting beautiful colors that hold up to heavy foot traffic while minimizing lap marks and color streaking.
- Penetrating formula nourishes & beautifies
- Adds subtle color, allowing the beauty of the wood grain and texture to show through
- Premium iron oxide pigments add beautiful, natural color
- Specially formulated to minimize lap marks & color streaking
- Durable coating resists mildew & UV damage
- Prevents water damage
- Use on all exterior woods, including hardwoods.
- Size: 1 Gallon
- Color: Walnut
- Do not mix with other waterproofing products; variations in the final appearance of the surface being treated may result
- Do not thin
- Shake well - intermix all cans (of the same color) to be used to assure color uniformity. Shake, stir or mix thoroughly before and occasionally during use
- A small trial patch should be tried before application over the entire surface. Final color appearance differs from initial application
- Apply using an exterior paint pad, brush, roller, dipping or compression driven sprayer
- A thin coat should be applied at a rate the wood will absorb. Excess product allowed to sit on surface will result in a tacky finish and extended dry time. If over applied, remove excess before it dries by redistributing to dry areas or wiping off
- Use natural breaks (windows, doors) as boundaries to divide large areas into more manageable work areas
- Only one coat of Thompson's® WaterSeal® Penetrating Timber Oil is recommended. A second coat may be applied depending on wood porosity and wood moisture content
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
Before You Begin
- For exterior use only
- For wood substrates only
- To ensure good penetration, do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot days. Both surface and air temperatures should be above 50°F and below 95°F
- Do not use in below grade application where water pressure is a problem or on painted or recently stained surfaces
- DO NOT USE AS AN ADDITIVE TO PAINT
- New wood that has not been kiln dried must be allowed to season 15 to 30 days before applying product.
- Drying time will vary depending on temperature and humidity
- Under normal conditions, Thompson's® WaterSeal® Penetrating Timber Oil should dry to the touch within 8 hours
- Wait 24 hours for heavy foot traffic and outdoor furniture placement.
- Clean brushes and equipment with mineral spirits following manufacturer’s safety recommendations, then rinse with clean water.
- DANGER! HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. COMBUSTIBLE! VAPOR HARMFUL. IRRITATES EYES, SKIN AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. Before using, carefully read CAUTIONS.
- CAUTIONS: CONTAINS AROMATIC HYDROCARBONS
- Contents are COMBUSTIBLE. Keep away from heat and open flame. VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage
- This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
- In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately. DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE. Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.