Loctite® 1618181 PL® S30 Polyurethane Roof & Flashing Sealant, 10 Oz,
Loctite® PL® S30 Polyurethane Roof & Flashing Sealant is a premium quality, commercial grade sealant developed especially for forming permanent, water and weatherproof seals in all exterior gaps and joints. This sealant is elastic and remains flexible to expand and contract with construction material movement to protect and retain the original seal.
- 10 Oz
- Color when dry: black
- Commercial grade
- Provides permanent flexible seal
- Forms elastic seal for active, moving joints
- Use on expansion joints; ± 25% movement
- Withstand harsh environments
- Does not deteriorate
- One-time application
- Blends with surroundings
- Low-VOC formula
- Complies to stringent federal & state regulatory requirements.
- Bonding to asphalt, aluminum, fiberglass, metal, brick, wood, concrete, stucco and many more substrates
- Sealing roof flashing around chimneys and roof edging
- Shingle tabbing and for covering roofing nails.
Not Recommended For:
- Underwater applications or permanent water immersion
- Use with fillers impregnated with oil, asphalt, tar or any migratory saturant
- Applications requiring temperature resistance greater than 200°F (93°C)
- Joint depths greater than ½' without the use of a backer rod
- Contact with oil-based caulking compounds, butyl caulking compounds and silicone sealants (uncured and cured.
- Gloves. Sealant may temporarily stain skin.
- Surfaces must be structurally sound, dry, clean, free of dirt, moisture, loose particles, oil, grease, asphalt, tar, paint, wax, rust, waterproofing, curing and painting and compound.
- Concrete, stone, stucco and other masonry must be cleaned where necessary by grinding or wire brushing to expose a sound surface free of contamination. Concrete must be fully cured.
Wood and painted wood:
- Cut back weathered and treated surfaces and dry rot until clean, sound wood is reached. Loctite® PL® S30 Polyurethane Roof & Flashing Sealant will adhere to most new and old dry, oil-free wood. Scrape away paint to bare wood.
- Scale, rust and coatings must be removed to expose bright metal. Protective coatings should be removed with a solvent as well as any chemical residue or film.
- Use above 40°F (4°C). In cool or cold weather, store container where temperature is about 75°F (25°C) for at least 24 hours before using. Cut nozzle at a 45° angle to desired bead size and puncture inner seal.
- While Loctite® PL® S30 Polyurethane Roof & Flashing Sealant is generally considered a non-priming sealant, special circumstances or substrates (Copper, galvanized and stainless steel) may require a primer. It is the user’s responsibility to check the adhesion of the cured sealant on a test joint before applying to the entire project. Where incidental water immersion may occur, priming is required.
- Apply primer full strength with a brush or clean cloth. A light, uniform coating is sufficient for most surfaces. Porous surfaces, may require more primer, but do not over apply. Allow primer to dry prior to sealant application. Depending on temperature and humidity, the primer will be tack free in 15 to 30 minutes and ready for sealant. Priming and sealing must be done on the same working day.
- Apply sealant with a steady pressure, forcing into the joint. Dry tooling is recommended within 5 minutes of extrusion. Do not use soapy water as this may cause the surface to discolor. If tooling with solvent is necessary, use clean mineral spirits. Protect open containers from heat and / or direct sunlight. Do not use in joints deeper than ½' (13 mm) without the use of a backer rod. The depth of the sealant should be half the width of the joint. The maximum depth is ½' (31 mm) and the minimum is ¼' (6 mm). Sealant skins within 24 hours, is functional within 3 days and reaches full cure in about 1 week.
- Clean tools and any uncured sealant residue immediately with mineral spirits. Cured sealant may be carefully cut away with a sharp-edged tool.
- It provides properties of non-sag, permanent flexibility and corrosion resistance. It exhibits outstanding durability and tear resistance. It usually requires no primer and resists deterioration from weather, stress or movement. It is UV and ozone resistant and does not soften in the sun.