Superdeck® Deck & Dock Elastomeric Coating is a high build elastomeric coating designed to protect, resurface and waterproof old damaged wood and concrete. The unique formula provides long lasting protection against moisture and the damaging effects of the sun. It is designed to expand and contract along with the substrate while offering excellent scuff resistance for heavy duty foot traffic areas. Deck & Dock will lock down splinters and bridge dimensionally unstable cracks on old damaged wood surfaces. Deck & Dock is also specially formulated to resist growth of mildew and algae on the coating's surface. Use Duckback® Anti-Skid Additive to provide an attractive slip resistant surface on decking, boat docks, stair treads, ramps, and walkways.
- Size: 1 Gallon
- Color: White
- 50 VOC
- Low maintenance
- High build, flexible elastomeric formula
- Fills dimensionally unstable cracks
- Locks down wood splinters and smooths rough surfaces
- Maximum hide with long lasting color and protection against the damaging effects of the sun
- Flexible formula withstands temperature changes & expands & contracts with the surface
- Add Duckback Anti-Skid Additive for a slip resistant surface
- Contains mildewcides & UV protection
- Easy to use, just clean deck or patio surface and apply Deck & Dock with a roller
- Made in the USA.
- New or old exterior wood decking, boat docks, plywood decking, composite decking, ramps, fences, rails, wood siding, balconies, porches, stairs, walkways, as well as concrete, masonry and stucco surfaces. The product will fill cracks, making it ideal for resurfacing old damaged wood decking and concrete patios. For cracks greater than 1/4" use Duckback® Seam Tape to bridge gaps. Use of Deck & Dock Elastomeric Coating on old badly damaged decking is an effective alternative to the costly expense of deck replacement.
- Note: Not for use on garage floors, driveways, or automobile traffic areas.
- All surfaces must be clean, dry, and free from dirt, mildew stains, dust and other foreign matter. Do not apply over sealed surfaces. For wood surfaces remove surface stains, dirt and failed oxidized stains with Superdeck® Wood Cleaner. Remove all loose peeling paint, rinse thoroughly with water and allow to completely dry before coating. For concrete surfaces do not apply to smooth concrete, use Mason’s Select® Concrete Etcher and follow instructions for etching concrete surfaces.
- Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping, or other means may generate dust or fumes that may contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup.
- Shake well or stir thoroughly from bottom to top of container and occasionally during application. When using more than one container of product, intermix all containers to ensure color consistency. Test small area first for color satisfaction.
- May be tinted using up to 8 ounces of universal machine colorant per gallon.
- Apply a thick coat with brush, roller, or airless sprayer. When rolling use 3/8" nap synthetic roller cover for smooth finishes, 1/2"–3/4" nap for medium texture finish, and 1-1/4" nap for heavy texture finishes. Back rolling is suggested when spraying working the product smoothly and evenly into the surface to ensure a uniform appearance. Always maintain a wet edge to avoid lapping. Test Area: Always apply product to a small test area and allow to dry completely before coating entire project to ensure desired color and appearance.
- Use Duckback® Anti-Skid Additive to create a slip resistant surface on patios, sidewalks, ramps, stairs, poolsides and other areas that require a slip resistant surface. Just add 1 pack of Anti-Skid per gallon to final coat of product, stir well and apply with a roller. Meets ADA slip resistant standards when used with Deck & Dock Elastomeric Coating.
- 50°F – 90°F. Do not apply product in extreme heat of day or if surface is hot to touch. Do not apply product if rain is likely to occur within 24 hours.
Dry Time @ 77°F:
- 1 Hour to touch. Allow surface to dry until it can be lightly walked on (2–4 hours) before recoating. Once the final coat has been applied allow 24–48 hours dry time for normal foot traffic. Dry time may be prolonged in cooler temperatures or high humidity. Surface may remain tacky until fully dried and cured. Avoid using surface until fully dry. Due to the elastomeric nature and high build of this product, full dry and cure time may take a few days.
- Coverage may vary on surface condition, type of surface and number of coats applied. On most wood and concrete surfaces the coverage will be about 100 square feet per gallon for application of one coat per gallon. When filling deep cracks in concrete or locking down splinters on old extremely damaged wood surfaces additional coats may be needed.
- Apply one new coat of Deck & Dock Elastomeric Coating every 5–7 years to a clean surface to renew color and maintain durability. Use Superdeck® Wood Cleaner and follow maintenance instructions before recoating.
- Clean brushes and equipment with soap and water. Dispose of empty container or unused portion in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.