"MINIWAX" FAST-DRYING POLYURETHANE SPRAY
Minwaxr Fast-Drying Polyurethane is a clear, hard finish that dries fast to protect and beautify interior wood surfaces such as furniture, cabinets, moldings, and doors. Minwaxr Fast-Drying Polyurethane is among the most durable of protective coatings. Minwaxr Fast-Drying Polyurethane's long-lasting protective finish makes it ideal for use on both finished and unfinished wood.
* Fast-Drying Polyurethane is also available in an aerosol can.
- 11.5 OZ
- Polyurethane Finish.
- Sheens: Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Satin
- Application tool: natural bristle brush, foam brush, or lambswool applicator
- Location: interior wood surfaces
- Recoat: after 4-6 hours
- Cleanup: mineral spirits or paint thinner
- Coverage: 125 sq. ft. per quart
- Coats: 2-3
- Recommended uses: woodwork, furniture, doors, cabinets and floors.
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Surface must be dry and free of old finishes in poor condition, paint, wax, grease, polish, dirt or other foreign matter.
- Sand to obtain a smooth uniform surface. Remove all dust with a cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
- Stir Minwaxr Fast-Drying Polyurethane before and during use to eliminate settling on the bottom of the can. Stir in such a manner as to rotate the product from the bottom to the top of the can. NEVER SHAKE.
- Apply a THIN coat of Minwaxr Fast-Drying Polyurethane using a high-quality natural or foam brush.
- Let dry 4-6 hours. Then lightly sand entire surface with fine sandpaper (220 grit) to ensure an even finish and proper adhesion. Remove all dust.
- Apply second coat. If third coat is desired, repeat step 5 before application.
- After final coat, allow 24 hours before light use.
When used on wooden floors, use a lambs wool or synthetic pad applicator or natural bristle brush and maintain a wet edge to avoid lap marks. For maximum durability, we recommend three coats. Avoid heavy traffic and replacing of furniture for 72 hours after final coat. When replacing furniture, do not slide. Do not install rugs or clean floors for 7 days.
CLEAN-UP: For easy clean-up use mineral spirits or paint thinner.
COVERAGE: Approximately 125 square feet per quart.
Note: Above dry times are based on good ventilation, temperature of 77